How Much Does It Cost To Install a Wood Fence?
In addition to providing privacy and protection for your property, fencing can improve the overall safety of your home and your family. Installing high-quality fencing is also an excellent approach to improve your home’s curb appeal without having to make significant changes to the exterior of your home. With so many different types of fencing materials available, ranging from natural wood fencing to metal fencing and more, it can be difficult to choose which one is the best fit for your property and financial situation. In addition to the general appearance of your area, the terrain of your property, and the size of your yard are all crucial considerations. Our fence installation cost guide will assist you in selecting the most appropriate style for your house and financial situation.
Average Cost To Install Fencing
The average order value for a fence installation in 2020 was $4,600. That’s a monthly payment as low as $195 over 24 months with 0% interest using The Home Depot Credit Card, or $62 per month using their 120 Month Financing Plan.
Features That May Affect Cost
There’s no such thing as a uniform price when it comes to the cost of fence installation. Here are a few features that may impact fence installation cost around your home:
- The Size of Your Yard – Larger yards necessitate the use of more resources and result in higher labor expenses than smaller yards.
- Materials – Various types of fencing are available in a variety of materials. The following is a list of the most often seen types:
- Natural & Pressure Treated Wood – Durable and ideal for traditional style homes.
- Metal & Chain Link Fencing – Whether it’s iron, aluminum, or the standard chain link fence, these materials are extremely robust and can be installed at a low cost. They are also easy to maintain.
- Composite Fencing – Available in a variety of looks and styles, composite fencing is sturdy and durable, making it an excellent choice for a home with a designer aesthetic.
- Vinyl Fencing – Vinyl fencing is extremely popular due to the fact that it is long-lasting and resistant to weather.
- Style – The type of fencing you select will have an impact on the total cost of installation. Wood picket fences, for example, take more time and attention to install correctly than other types of fences. Additionally, specific features, such as a lattice top, will have an impact on the entire cost of installation. You’ll need to acquire a price quote based on your personal preferences and the needs of your house. You’ll need to get an estimate based on your style preferences and property needs.
- Labor – Certain terrains, such as steep or rocky terrains, may necessitate the use of more removal techniques, skills, and time, which will increase the cost.
- Geography – Installation costs vary depending on where you are in the United States. The cost of installing a fence can be increased if the terrain is tough or the location is difficult. Inquire with your service provider for estimates that are particular to your area.
Average Installation Price by Region
Average Cost by Material
Aluminum & Chain Link
- 2 Rail standard gauge with posts: average $83.00-103.00
- 2 Rail heavy gauge with posts: average $108.00-128.00
- 3 Rail standard gauge with posts: average $96.00-116.00
- 3 Rail heavy gauge with posts: average $160.00-180.00
- 4-foot: $45.00-$119.00
- 5-foot: $66.00-$125.00
- 6-foot: $85.00-$139.00
- Composite Posts: average per post $56.00-$66.00
Natural and Pressure Treated Wood